Annnnnd …. this week’s inks are exactly the same as last weeks. Because I liked this combo too much this week to change it over the weekend. And, let’s be honest, the thought of cleaning pens wasn’t at all appealing.
Tag Archives: Iroshizuku Kon-Peki
I end the week with slightly different pens and inks from when I started on Monday – the ink all up in my Kakuno feed just annoyed me too much, and if I was gonna flush that… Well, in for a penny, in for a pound haha. The inks: Pilot Metropolitan = Iroshizuku Yama-Budo. Pilot Kakuno = Diamine Graphite. Lamy Apple Green = Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. Lamy Lime = Iroshizuku Tsutsuji. Lamy Neon Coral = Platinum Carbon Black.
The inks in each pen. It’s a good thing the ink samples take me awhile to go through, cause I’d have to buy all 3 of the Iroshizuku inks otherwise!
Latest ink sampler trials… some thoughts on these colors:
- Noodler’s Apache Sunset – I’ve seen some glorious screenshots on FPN of this ink in fancy nibbed pens, but in my Lamy? Just way too light for me to use. If I want an orange accent color, I’d rather use Caran d’Ache’s (NEWLY DISCONTINUED, BOO) Saffron – it doesn’t have the shading of Apache Sunset, but in my fine Lamy’s that doesn’t really matter anyways
- Diamine Ochre – looks more coppery when wet, but dries to this mid-tone brownish shade, much like the Private Reserve Copper Burst that I never use because its not coppery enough. It’s okay, but I’d always go with Diamine Ancient Copper instead given the choice
- Diamine Meadow – I like it, it’s a very Spring/Summer shade of green, and not too bright or too wet
- Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu – holy moley what a name! it’s a pretty purple, VERY wet – made my Lamy 1.1 nib look way fatter than the other colors I tested. Very close in color to Diamine Majestic Purple, just a shade more toned down I think, with a bit less red in it
- Private Reserve DC Electric Blue – seems wet enough, a nice deep cobalty blue, but not ‘wowing’ me – I think Bay State Blue has ruined me.
Round 2 of the ink samplers I ordered:
- Diamine Sapphire Blue – um, this ink looks WAY more purple coming right after Bay State Blue. I even dumped it back into the vial and refilled the pen, just in case. It just looks purple. I think BSB has ruined me for blue now.
- Noodlers Australian Roses – kind of a darker, muted, grayed version of Private Reserve’s Arabian Rose. The more I looked at it, the more I dislike it. It’s just kinda ugly reddish brownish mauvey purplish red.
- Noodlers Zhivago – very very dark green. Okay, its really more like black with a hint of green. I kinda like it, but it’s so close to black, I’d be more likely to use my Heart of Darkness I think.
- Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki – pretty!! I really like it, its a mild bright sky blue, not too dark, not too teal. Just blue.
I’ll be evaluating these more over the next week or so, so we’ll see which I end up liking the best. Right now, based on first impressions I think the Kon-peki will be my favorite.